29/01/2013

Second Elective: Print

So it's the second day of print and I'm really enjoying it so far.

We got the brief on friday. The theme is "urban". We were asked to bring 10 photos in for Monday morning. As we only had a weekend to take 10 urban photos, that would work for print, I was pretty freaked by the lack of time but I managed. I took all my photos while waiting an hour at the bus station in Cork City on friday evening. I didn't realize at the time but i had taken over 10 photos. All I had to do then was pick the ones i preferred the most.

When we came in on monday we met Des our tutor for the next two weeks. We put up our photos and went down to the print room for a demonstration. We saw dry-prints and mono-prints, hopefully i'm calling them the right names.

Today i started my first dry-print. I am starting off with a basic print so i can get the hang of using the materials such as scribes, acetate, printing press, inks...

This is my favourite photo!
 
 











No comments:

Post a Comment