28/09/2012

Research

I've been looking at many artists for inspiration. I found Richard Serra to be very interesting. I Visited The Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao in the summer of 2011 so I have seen some of his amazing sculptures. These sculptures have made me focus a lot on mazes/labyrinths and making 3D objects. I have added pictures of some of Serra's sculptures and a quote I read in an interview with Serra himself.

"You can go anywhere you want, but anywhere you turn you are within the volume not only of the encapsulating architecture but of the field that unfolds as sculpture"
This is called "Open Ended".                             This is called "Band".





 This is called "Te Tuhirangi Contour". It's one of Serra's largest pieces.

In this image i think it is interesting how the people are walking around not knowing whats coming.
 
I found this link that i find very interesting! http://vimeo.com/28861499

No comments:

Post a Comment